The destination is most popular for its backwater boathouse rides. Rentals are relatively expensive, but well worth every penny if you can also get a good chef on board, who is well versed in exotic local cuisine. It would be well worth to research on reliable service companies and demand for a good chef, while making your booking.
It is a very lovely experience that you can enjoy with either a small or large group.
While having your boat trip through the backwaters make sure that you tell them to stop at R-block for the small toddy shops there provide very good and delicious sea food and toddy.
- Bird Sanctuary. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary (also known as Vembanad Bird Sanctuary) is situated at Kumarakom in Kottayam district in the Indian state of Kerala, on the banks of Vembanad Lake. Set in the Kerala Backwaters the bird sanctuary is an ornithologist’s paradise and a favourite haunt of migratory birds.
- Bay Island Driftwood Museum.
- Yoga, Ayurvedic Treatment & Body Massage
- Ferry service
- Fish Sanctuary
- Temples & Churches in Kumarakom
- Thanneermukkham salt water barrage
- Sightseeing & Visit various places by water